Are Your Digital Credentials For Sale on the Dark Web?
With the ever-changing cyber security threats, Intelligent IT has added a new defense tool for Dark Web Monitoring. This tool gives us the ability to monitor the Dark Web for your compromised credentials (emails, passwords, and financial & personal information ) associated with your organizations domain.
Digital credentials such as usernames and passwords connect your employees to critical business applications and online services. Unfortunately, criminals know this — and that’s why digital credentials are among the most valuable assets found on the Dark Web. The Dark Web is made up of digital communities that sit on top of the Internet. It is estimated that over 50% of all sites are used for criminal activities, including the disclosure and sale of digital credentials. Far too often, companies that have had their credentials compromised and sold on the Dark Web. They don’t know it until they have been informed by law enforcement — but by then, it’s too late.
What is the Dark Web?
The Dark Web is a hidden universe contained within the “Deep Web”- a sub-layer of the Internet that is hidden from conventional search engines. Search engines like Google, BING and Yahoo only search 4% of the indexed or “surface” Internet. The other 96% of the Web consists of databases, private academic and government networks, and the Dark Web. Therefore, it is estimated at 550 times larger than the surface Web and growing. Because you can operate anonymously, this portion of the web holds a wealth of stolen data and illegal activity.
How Intelligent IT Protects Your Business
Our services are designed to help business organizations detect and mitigate cyber threats that leverage stolen email addresses and passwords. We leverage a combination of human and artificial intelligence that scours botnets, criminal chat rooms, blogs, websites and bulletin boards, peer to peer networks, forums, private networks, and other black-market sites. We do this 24/7, 365 days a year to identify stolen credentials and other personally identifiable information (PII).
- Delivers the same advanced credential monitoring capabilities used by Fortune 500 companies to companies of your size.
- Connects to multiple Dark Web services including Tor, I2P and Freenet, to search for compromised credentials. This is done without requiring you to connect any of your software or hardware to these high-risk services directly.
- Proactive solution provides real-time awareness of compromised credentials before identity theft or data breaches occur.
Our clients in the Central Kentucky area trust Intelligent IT for all their managed IT services. Offering everything from network support to desktop solutions, we will monitor your system for ongoing threats and protect your valuable information. Contact us on our website for more details about the Dark Web or other services, or call us at (859) 523-9723 to speak with one of our knowledgeable staff today. Please follow us on Facebook.